Albert's

Good News

I am being promoted, my earlier slight panic is just a false alarm. In their words,

"You have valuable skills that we would like to cultivate. What are your plans for the future..."

The meeting lasted till 7:00pm. We talked about company direction, future investment, possible projects, and what they want to do with me.

Since I have an understanding with electronics, computers, programming, and fluent in both Chinese and English - they want to groom me for management position. More specifically I will concentrate on international sales division. They want me to get a basic idea of how basic project construction works in the company, so I will be sent on a project and I will participate from start to finish. The goal is to get me to see on-site construction, material ordering, sales negotiation, and meet real people who work on-site. In 1 or 2 years, after the project is over I will get a basic understanding of the operation and handle international sales of company projects.

Yeah, good news, I think.

p.s. I finally figure out where the myth "no good news on Friday" came from. It was in my head and I just assume it is true. The myth came from Office Space the movie.

Peter Gibbons: You're gonna lay off Samir and Michael?
Bob Slydell: Oh yeah, we're bring in some entry-level graduates, farm some work out to Singapore, that's the usual deal.
Bob Porter: Standard operating procedure.
Peter Gibbons: Do they know this yet?
Bob Slydell: No! No, of course not! We find it's always better to fire people on a Friday. Studies have statistically shown that there's less chance of an incident if you do it at the end of the week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home