Albert's

Unusual

I was just asked to drop by the company headquarter around 5:30pm to see the president. This is either really good or really bad and I don't know which.

I can't figure out why a lowly technician who doubles as contract translator would be asked by the president. So either they are switching me to work at headquarter under him as some sort of apprentice/paper pusher/translator, or I am getting fired. Personally I have never been fired before so I don't know how it works. Would the president ask to see you before you are fired? Shouldn't I just get told by my on-site project supervisor? On top of that, my supervisor is coming with me back to the headquarter at 5:30pm. Also worrisome is the timing. Today is Friday, and what company in the world give good news at 5:30pm on Friday?

My supervisor did talk to me over lunch mentioning I might be drafted back into headquarter for my english and technical skill. But the way he says it is not very official. It did ease my nerve a bit but I keep going back to these 3 points.
  • President at headquarter
  • Supervisor accompany me
  • 5:30pm on Friday
I might be looking into too much of this, the truth will show itself in 4 hours and 49 minutes. I might well just wait and not have a heart attack at the main time. The president, goodness!

2 Comments:

At 11/11/2005 2:02 PM, Blogger Michael Turton said...

Did he hug you and say "YOur punishment is that you're out of the family business?" If so, I'd watch out when you get in the car!

Michael

 
At 11/11/2005 8:14 PM, Blogger Sushi Delight said...

ha, no, they didn't feed me to the fishes. I got a promotion.

What a way to operate, i don't think they believe in phone calls or memo. Almost give me a heart attack.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home