Albert's

The Story

Can't sleep.

It doesn't seem right a person can feel so tired but unable to sleep. Surfing through TV channels at 1 am revealed some pretty weird commercials - the kind of commercials you just have to wonder "Are there actual people in this world that these ads are targeting?"

I hope not.

In the end, I settled on this old movie "The Story of Us". Have you ever wanted to see what happens after a fairytale ends with "...and they lived happily ever after."? If you do, then "The Story of Us" is made for you. There are no witches and poison apples - no easy common enemies - no black and white answers. What you have are two person who loves each other and have to live through the mundane chores of life. This movie is about love after 15 years.

Surprisingly I found the film engaging and very watchable. It doesn't hurt that Bruce Willis and Michelle Pfeiffer did the talking. In fact, of all the super hero roles Bruce Willis played - Armageddon, 5th Element, or Sin City - I thought this struggling husband is his most heroic. When I first saw this movie 3 years ago I didn't appreciate this movie as much. There wasn't any action or much humor. It is just about two people. I suppose the movie didn't change, but I did.

The fact I understand this film makes me a little sad. It is a sudden realization of this lost of innocence. Yet for the life of me I can't figure out where I lost it.

Weather forecast says it will rain tomorrow. 95% chance of rain. Nothing seems certain now a days, not even about condensations in the air. That is just life for you, and for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home