Albert's

Redemption

As I grow older my wish became more simple. Perhaps the grandness was sacrificed by the need to keep pace with reality. When I was young I recall saying in a straight face proclaiming the dream of saving the world. Little did I know the world doesn't want to be saved - nor do I have the power to nudge it.

My power only consist of giving someone on the street a dollar, repairing computers, reading contracts, and bringing one person happiness. That's right, exactly one person. My wish now consists of taking singing lessons, reach the rank of black belt in judo, and to create stories.

I let go the foolish desire to force redemption upon the world and learned to enjoy the details of life. Then day by day I realize that one person I was able to save grew to be my whole world. So I guess I did save the world after all - and was saved in return.

1 Comments:

At 8/27/2022 10:29 AM, Anonymous Sparks Blinds said...

Good reading this postt

 

Post a Comment

<< Home