Albert's

Message in a Bottle

Fall is the season for nostalgia. The "condition" was warned by company executive as the single biggest threat against productivity. Hours could be lost reminiscing about the past. I do believe I have caught this flu.

These names won't mean a thing to you, they are friends from my highschool years. David Silberhorn, Bonnie Wheaton, Mike Gouwens, Ani Gangopadhyaya, Heather Dick, Kenny Knight, Megan Roberts. Sometimes the detail of the memory surprises me, like how I still remember how to spell Gangopadhyaya. But more important than the spelling of the name, I still recall her intelligence and love for the silly.

This is my electronic message in a bottle, tossed into the sea of Blogger, into the storm of internet. Maybe by chance, these texts and names will find the way into their presence. This is Albert Shih from Taiwan, knowing that you are doing well, but wishing you can tell me personally.

Sigh, the flu of nostalgia.

You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself in any direction you choose.
You're on your own.
And you know what you know.
You are the guy who'll decide where to go.
~Dr. Seuss

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home