Albert's

Far Far Away

The best stories are always in a place far from where you are, either far in distance or far in time.

"Once upon a time..."

"In a galaxy far far away..."

"The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the Third Age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past, a wind rose in the Mountains of Mist. The wind was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings nor endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning."

"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters..."

Why is that? Why are the best stories far far away or in the beginning of time? Maybe it is the same reason why I don't think of myself as living in a layer of air - or a fish thinks that it swims under water. Maybe it is the same reason I have a hard time seeing my own nose. I am so used to the miracles around me that I overlooked it. The same marvel would take a fresh set of eyes to discovery then retold to me. I could, of course now sit here and wait for someone to tell me of wonders...or, I could travel to another country and check out other people's lives.

By the way, did I mention I am going to Hong Kong next weekend? I hope I find the country interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home