I had an internal debate on what to post. Urgency of sleep vs desire to write had a conflict of interest. Between the 3 topics of "I seem to operate better under a little stress", "religion and love", and "my favorite chicken sandwich, the sandwich won out. It is fast, easy, and tasty. Hopefully you enjoy it just as much as I will enjoy my 7 hours of sleep.
My Favorite Chicken Sandwich (Makes four sandwiches)
- One long loaf sourdough French bread (a brown-and-serve style works best)
- Boursin (or other garlic and herb flavored spreadable cheese)
- Mayonnaise (reduced-calorie is fine)
- Lemon juice (err, I usually skip this)
- Dijon mustard
- Sliced roast chicken (or - fried slightly crispy, a little breading is good)
- Fresh watercress from a stream, or assorted tender lettuce.
- Cut sourdough French bread into four 6- to 8-inch crosswise sections. Cut each section in half and pull some of the extra bread from the middle of the top part to make room for the filling. Place in a 350 degree oven (or toaster oven if making a smaller amount) and toast just until lightly brown and crisp.
- Spread Boursin cheese and mayonnaise that you have seasoned with the extra lemon juice, and a bit of Dijon mustard on the cut sides of the bread. Fill sandwiches with chicken and watercress or lettuce. Serve while the bread is still warm.
- For Albert, add another slab of mayonnaise. Serve and enjoy.